… the art of reproducing emotions and sensations, reflecting one’s inner self.
A ritual based on research and experimentation mixed with different contaminations that have characterized my path,
these are the ingredients that shapes my music.
Lucio Miele studied at the “Giuseppe Martucci” Conservatory of Salerno, graduating in percussion instruments. He improved his studies by attending the advanced training course in percussion at the Academy of Santa Cecilia, in Rome. He has participated in various drum and percussion masterclasses and collaborated with numerous orchestras, chamber music and jazz ensembles both in Italy and abroad, also participating in numerous Percussion Festivals, including “Days of Percussion” in Fermo and the “Europees Muziekfestival” in Neerpelt (Belgium). Winner of European and National competitions for percussion instruments for both solo and chamber music. In 2013 he began his collaboration with various contemporary composers , with whom he took part in many pieces of the solo / contemporary repertoire. He played with the Batucada Percussion ensemble, with which he obtained various international awards and worked on the recording of some CDs. He collaborates with various jazz bands performing in numerous festivals and contests (Pozzuoli Jazz Festival, Jazz in Laurino, San Leo Music Festival, Fara Jazz Festival, Bucharest Jazz Festival, Jazz Festival Saint Germain de Pres, Jazz Alguer Festival). There are also many experiences in contemporary music, including those with the Scarlatti Association as part of the “MusicLab”, the International Festival of Contemporary Music. He plays and collaborates with the Ensemble Dissonanzen too. He has participated in various European and world tours in China, Germany, France, Belgium.
• 1° Premio al XIV Concorso Internazionale “Pietro Argento“ 2011- sezione Musica da Camera – Gioia del Colle (Ba);
• Premio della critica al XIV Concorso Internazionale “Pietro Argento“ 2011;
• Premio Speciale (menzione d’onore) al Premio Nazionale delle Arti 2010-2011;
• 2° Premio – sezione musica da camera – alla XIV edizione del Torneo Internazionale di Musica (TIM) – 2010;
• 1° Premio al Concorso Nazionale “Ama Calabria“ – sezione Musica da Camera “Esecuzione” del 2010;
• 1° Premio al Concorso Nazionale “Ama Calabria“ – sezione Musica Contemporanea –Lamezia Terme – 2010;
• “Premio Bottiglieri” 2010 – sezione cameristica, organizzato dal Conservatorio di musica di Salerno;
• 1° Premio assoluto al Concorso Europeo “Luigi Denza“ – Città di Castellammare – 2010;
• 1° Premio assoluto al Concorso Nazionale “Campi Flegrei “ – Pozzuoli – 2005.
• Premio nazionale delle arti 2012 • Premio J. Cage 2012